Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Second Job

Good morning fellow Pinterest addicts!  It's Megan from I Teach. What's Your Super Power?


So I teach third grade (and love it!) all day.  Then I finish that up and come home to my second job.  Mom.  As part of that job, I am apparently supposed to provide my children with food that doesn't induce too much mom guilt.  Does my husband help cook?  Yes, sometimes.  But he gets home much later than me most days and I'm not waiting until 7:00 to eat.  I'm hungry people.  He does do all the grocery shopping though.  Jealous?

Moving back on track.  I had a revelation this morning.  I've become one of "those" moms.  I remember listening to them in the lounge in my early twenties, internally but lovingly rolling my eyes as they discussed their recipes.  Their crockpot recipes people.  And now, look at me.  I'm all over Pinterest looking for this business.

But!  It makes my second job so much easier.  And my family is super impressed by me.  And it's easier than regular cooking.  But I don't tell them that.

Here are some of the pins on Pinterest I've tried and have my families stamp of approval:

Chicken Tortilla Soup
Makes your house smell soooooo yummy.  I made the mistake of making this on a Saturday when my parents were coming over for a football game.  The smell tortured us all day.


Pot Roast
My daughter has already requested this for her birthday.  11 months in advance.


This was last nights dinner.  Everyone went back for seconds and there was still enough to freeze.


I have officially turned into my mother.  I'm discussing crock pot recipes and putting leftovers in the freezer.  Sigh.

Here are a few more quickies for those rushed dinner nights.  FYI: That would be every night in my house.

My mother-in-law liked these.  I say this like she's hard to please.  She's actually super nice.


We add shrimp to this one and call it good.
Source: bhg.com via Megan on Pinterest


These are fun for breakfast for dinner. You can cook everything else and not have to babysit the eggs. Plus, who doesn't want a cupcake for dinner?


That's all ladies!  I hope you'll find at least one recipe to make dinnertime a little easier.  Stop by and see me sometime!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your 'pinteresting' comments :)