Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What I've baked from Pinterest

Hi, me again, Mrs. D from Reading with Miss D!

Over the last several months since I've become obsessed with Pinterest (which happened to coincide with the start of my maternity leave), I've had little time with a very clingy baby to make many creative things in my kitchen. Anyone who knows me in real life, knows I absolutely love to bake, and will read cookbooks for pleasure. But I have made a few yummies.

Here they are in no particular order:

1. These quick to make rolls were so yummy! My husband requested I make them again, and I definitely will. We ate them with my Chili.


2. These didn't turn out as expected, but that was my fault. When I left them to rise the first time, they weren't in a warm place, and when I punched them down to divide into rolls I accidentally started kneading again, oops! But they were yummy regardless, just denser than intended.


3. I don't know if it was me, the temperature of my freezer or my cheapo blender, but I couldn't get icecream to form. The blender got very stuck. Next time I'll cut the bananas even thinner, and use the food processor instead.


4. These brownies were so rich! I made them the for my daughters baptism in May. My husband and I adored them, but my mom thought they were too rich. They were very sticky. Next time I'll be baking for about 5 minutes longer.


5. This was the first recipe I tried from Pinterest. My husband loves peanut butter the way I love Chocolate, so this was perfect for us. Cake in a mug! But I used a custard dish instead. I've pinned a few other varieties which I'll try this summer when I just need a dessert.


6. I've seen several variations of this cake. I used Chocolate cake mix and coca-cola. The batter was so sticky. You have to be careful not to touch the pan with your spoon when evening out the batter so you don't make the mess I did. What did I do? I ended up with my cake sticking to the pan. Next time I'll use parchment paper, which I've never used before. It was still yummy though!



Well, that's all I've baked so far, but hopefully I'll be able to take care of a few more links soon.
If you like my links, please consider following my boards!

Follow Me on Pinterest

See you again soon, I'll be posting about Canada Day next Thursday. But since I'm addicted to Pinterest, don't be surprised if I post again before then.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my yum... :)

    I've done cake mix and diet soda for cupcakes and they were delish! Also cake mix and pumpkin and they were yummy too!
    Journey of a Substitute Teacher
    Endless Pinabilitites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like cheesecake? If so I have an AMAZING cheesecake oreo cupcake recipe for you!!! :) So excited there are so many more people as in to pinterest as I am!

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! But I've never tried to make it. I'm a little daunted by cheesecake.

      Delete

Thanks for your 'pinteresting' comments :)