Sunday, June 17, 2012

What? Sorry, I can't. I'm busy pinning.

How many times have I said this? Seriously? Well.. maybe I use it most when my boyfriend asks me to do something.. like help him find the remote. I was going to say to help him clean, but when has he voluntarily wanted to clean? :)

My name's Amanda and this is my sixth year teaching but my second year teaching second grade. I've done 5th, RTI, and 3rd, and so far 2nd is really growing on me! Such a fun and sweet age! I am a new homeowner living with my boyfriend Dave and our two dogs Hunter and Max. Love my boys and they are always keeping me busy! Now that summer is here I am on a mission to update our house which is proving to be A LOT of work. However, pinterest is really helpful in that area! (Which is how I explain my addiction to Dave... which helps!)

I just started blogging this summer. Now I have another addiction. :)


I've been waiting to post because I was hoping to find some awesome new pinterest finds to share. And today, well, I hit the jackpot! Here are some of my newest excitements.

Mark classroom supplies with colored tape so students know that these need to go back in the supply baskets. How smart is this? I lost a lot of scissors and glue to students' pencil boxes this year.

Make your own febreeze using fabric softner, baking soda, and hot water. Can just imagine spraying all the pillows and carpet in my classroom AND at home!

An absolutely adorable idea for end of the classroom gifts for students! I'm thinking I could turn this into a magnet!

Students can write a letter home to parents each Friday and tell them what they were learning and doing in class. Parents can write them back and if students bring their journals back on Monday, get a sticker! Super cute idea!

Really cute craft idea I'd like to try.

Those are my newly added favorites! So excited to go through all the other posts on here and add even more to my board! I'm hoping to organize it a bit more, but everytime I try, I JUST ADD MORE PINS! Ahhh! Oh well. Hope some of these inspire you! :)


6 comments:

  1. Great pins. Love the key chain idea and the Friday notebook.

    April
    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Handwriting-Galore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda! I found you thanks to April. I can't wait to read more from you :)

    Shanyn
    Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of those "Ah Ha' moments with the tape on the supplies! Brilliant!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo I love when I see my stuff on other blogs! It makes me smile. My students (and parents) love the Friday Journals! I definitely recommend them!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your 'pinteresting' comments :)