Saturday, June 16, 2012

You May Be a Pinterest Addict If...

You become an author of a blog to talk about all those amazing pins we pin

AND

You forget to cook supper because you are too engrossed in pinning and then you realize you were hungry because you forgot to cook supper.

Hi there everyone. 

My name is Heidi and I blog over at My (Not So) Elementary Life and I am guilty as charged with the above. I am a Pinterest Addict.
They say the first step to recovering is admitting you have a problem. I have an addiction and I am going to join some other amazing ladies and feed on work through that addiction :)

Tanja is brilliant to have come up with this. She asked if anyone would be an author or even read a blog like this and about several dozen of us were like...um of course :)

So a little bit about me:

I am a twenty something first year, first grade teacher. I only taught for half a year for I only graduated in December and landed myself a full time job immediately thereafter so I guess I won't have my first year in until December. I am impatiently patiently waiting to know if I will have a job next year for they shut down the school I was at and there is talk of not needing all of the teachers :( I am on the job hunt once more, just in case I don't have something for next year. Fingers crossed I will have a teaching home in a few short months :)

I am newly married (one year in September) to my best friend. I couldn't be happier.

I love God and love that He is in control of everything. I don't have to worry about things in life because I know he has it all under control :)

I love teaching children and creating meaningful learning experiences for them.

I am not a patient person and am working to overcome this.

I love Pinterest and cannot wait to be able to check all of my pins off of my to-do list. 

So now enough about me and onto some of my current favs :)






                                       Source: cookingwiths.blogspot.com via Heidi on Pinterest


I love this for next to the sink in the classroom. It might just help those forgetful brilliant minds to wash their hands. 





                                        Source: ana-white.com via Heidi on Pinterest



Ruler+Clothespins=Simple Teachery way to display student work :) I love how you can DIY this to what your classroom theme is and can use things you have laying around to create it.

And one last one for the day





                                            Source: westelm.com via Heidi on Pinterest 

 
 
 
I LOVE how simple this banner is and it can be tweaked to fit any classroom or any holiday theme you have in your home. I plan on doing this one and hanging it from my mantle for the holidays coming up :)
 
I will stop for today. I cannot wait to see what everyone else is pinning. You can follow me on Pinterest HERE.
 
Also, I would love it if you stopped by my blog and said hi. You can do so HERE.

Have a great week :)




3 comments:

  1. Love it Heidi!

    I was worried that no one would author or follow but I guess I forgot how many Pinterest addicts there are out there hahaha :)

    I LOVE that sign for the sink. I haven't seen that before (surprisingly!) Thanks for the intro and pins!


    Journey of a Substitute Teacher
    Endless Pinabilities

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a Pinterest Addict - actually, that's the name of my blog! :) Best of luck with your blog - I will be following. Us addicts have to stick together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your 'pinteresting' comments :)